Facing a Moving Milestone
Call free 0800 612 6259
Compare quotes Removal tips Services Disclaimer Privacy policy Contact us

Relevant Packing and Moving

Vehicles for Moving

Depending on the quantity of one's things, people hire either a lorry or a moving van for their removal needs. Typically, students who are going to college have few things to bring, as they will be living in a student dormitory or sharing a place with others. Young professionals who are setting out on their own for the first time do not bring so many belongings, too, as they will usually stay in a studio or a flat. In such cases, their small amount of possessions may fit into a moving van.

On the other hand, there are transfers that involve numerous items, and these require lorries. Households and families who are transferring to a new home typically require a big vehicle. Companies that are moving to a new office also need lorries to house all their equipment and office furniture.

Aside from the amount of possessions you have, the location of your new place will also determine the type of moving vehicle that needs to be used. If one has to go through a long stretch of narrow road to reach your new place, then a lorry might not fit. Your new neighbourhood might have restrictions on certain huge vehicles, too.

To insure that you have a smooth move, it would be best to check with your local government and community codes first to check on vehicle restrictions. You also need to reserve an adequate car park space in your old home or office, as well as in your new place. If you need some permits or documents for this, then be sure you have them in time for your move. Some removal companies will help you out with documents and legal requirements, too.

Additional References

  • Go on a cruise after moving house